Haringey Community Impact Awards 2017
Nominations for this year’s Haringey Community Impact Awards are now closed.
Do you know a Voluntary or Community Sector group that is making an outstanding difference to the Haringey community? Perhaps you know a valued volunteer who goes above and beyond in their work in the community? Make sure they get the recognition they deserve by nominating them for a Haringey Community Impact Award!
The Community Impact Awards are given annually to grassroots community groups and voluntary organisations that have combined effective community service with innovative and sustainable practices to improve the lives of Haringey residents. Special consideration is given to groups or organisations who have overcome limited resources and involved volunteers in the delivery of activities to address significant disadvantages.
What are the categories and criteria for the awards?
Awards Categories 2017:
- Improving the lives of children and young people in Haringey 2017
- Improving the health and wellbeing of Haringey residents 2017
- Improving the skills and prosperity of Haringey residents 2017
- Improving access to housing and inclusive communities for Haringey residents 2017
- Improving the environment and community safety in Haringey, 2017
- Community Impact School of Year 2017
- Young Haringey Hero (Volunteer) of the Year 2017
- Haringey Hero (Volunteer) of the Year 2017
- Haringey Voluntary and Community Sector Newcomer 2017
- Haringey Voluntary and Community Organisation of the Year 2017
- High quality responsive service targeting unmet needs
- Innovative approaches to tackling community needs
- Anticipated impact for the Newcomer award
- Involving volunteers
- Outstanding efforts and selfless commitment to improving the life of the local community (for Haringey Hero nominations)
Who can be nominated?
- A voluntary organisation or community group that is formally or informally constituted
- The organisation or group must be based in Haringey
- Beneficiaries of the group or organisation must be Haringey residents
- For the Haringey Hero nominations, the nominee must be a Haringey resident and not paid for the role undertaken.
Who can make a nomination?
- The community group or voluntary organisation being nominated, giving details of two independent references
- Anyone or any organisation that has benefited from the work of the group or organisation.
Who will make the decisions?
The Community Impact Award selection panel for each award category consists of:
- Representative from voluntary and community organisations
- Priority Lead Officer from Haringey Council
- Local resident
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced at the Haringey Community and Voluntary Sector Expo on 24 November 2017, further details of which will be announced shortly.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.