Haringey Community Impact Awards 2018
Do you know a Voluntary or Community Sector group that is making an outstanding difference to the Haringey community? Perhaps your organisation has a valued volunteer who goes above and beyond in their work for the community? Make sure they get the recognition they deserve by nominating them for a Haringey Community Impact Award!
The Community Impact Awards are given annually to grassroots community groups, voluntary organisations and schools that have combined effective community service with innovative and sustainable practices to improve the lives of Haringey residents. Special consideration is given to groups or organisations who have overcome limited resources and involved volunteers in the delivery of activities to address significant disadvantages.
What are the categories and criteria for the awards?
Awards Categories 2018:
- Improving the lives of children and young people in Haringey 2018
- Improving the health and wellbeing of Haringey residents 2018
- Improving the skills and prosperity of Haringey residents 2018
- Improving access to housing and inclusive communities for Haringey residents 2018
- Improving the environment and community safety in Haringey, 2018
- Community Impact School of Year 2018
- Young Haringey Hero (Volunteer) of the Year 2018
- Haringey Hero (Volunteer) of the Year 2018
- Haringey Voluntary and Community Sector Newcomer 2018
- Haringey Voluntary and Community Organisation of the Year 2018
- High quality responsive service targeting unmet needs
- Innovative approaches to tackling community needs
- Anticipated impact for the Newcomer award
- Involving volunteers
- Outstanding efforts and selfless commitment to improving the life of the local community (for Haringey Hero nominations)
Who can be nominated?
- A voluntary organisation or community group that is formally or informally constituted
- The organisation or group must be based in Haringey
- Beneficiaries of the group or organisation must be Haringey residents
- For the Haringey Hero nominations, the nominee must be a Haringey resident and not paid for the role undertaken.
Who can make a nomination?
- The community group or voluntary organisation being nominated themselves, giving details of two independent references
- Any individual or organisation that has benefited from the work of the group or organisation
Who will make the decisions?
The Community Impact Award selection panel for each award category consists of:
- Representative from voluntary and community organisations
- Priority Lead Officer from Haringey Council
- Local resident
How do I make a nomination?
To complete the online nomination form, please click here.
If you would prefer to be emailed a copy of the nomination form to complete, please request one by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations close on Monday 5 November at 5pm.
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced at the Haringey Community and Voluntary Sector Expo on 29 November 2018, further details of which will be announced shortly.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
Haringey Community Impact Award winners 2017