Posted by: Jenny Carter on August,13th,2018
The Bridge Renewal Trust is working with Haringey Council to get the views of residents about local community services and how they can get involved.
The Council is developing a new initiative that aims to address problems at the earliest opportunity and prevent them from escalating. It will take a prevention and early intervention approach by working in partnership to improve the lives of individuals and families in Haringey.
We will be hosting several engagement events across Haringey from July to October 2018. We are seeking the direct views and first-hand experiences of individuals and community groups about local services and how they can get involved.
We are keen to offer Haringey organisations, groups and their service users the opportunity to host and take part in one or more of the following activities:
• Focus group (lasting about one hour)
• One-to-one (lasting 30-45 minutes)
• Video Box (lasting 5-10 minutes)
• Arranged telephone interview (lasting about 30 minutes)
The topics that will be discussed include:
• Understanding of local communities, their strengths and needs.
• How individuals and communities can get involved in decisions that affect them.
• How individuals and communities can get involved and influence the design and development of new services to help meet their needs and aspirations.
• How local communities can be supported to feel able to develop new ideas and solutions.
• How we build trust and bridges between residents and partner agencies to strengthen relationships.
• Community views and experiences on the existing commissioned services and gaps in service provision.
• How to encourage, support and identify volunteers and social enterprises that can take on an active role in the development of new services.
• Understanding of how best to work with communities and develop an ongoing dialogue and feedback loop.
To get involved or find out more, please email email@example.com or call 020 8442 7640.